6/27/2008

Things My Violin Teacher Tells Me To Do (Simultaneously!)

Here is a list of things I have to do while I am practicing (this is all WHILE I am playing) :
  1. Bring my arm around so I can see it out of the corner of my eye
  2. Put my fingers in the right place (needs to be in tune)
  3. Correctly shift to another position to reach higher notes
  4. Constantly read the music
  5. Hold my bow correctly
  6. Make sure my bow patterns (direction of bow) are correct
  7. Counting!!!!!!
  8. I can't forget to sit up straight
  9. Last but not least....following the conductor's speed
  10. Of course I do have to remember to..........HAVE FUN!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand 100%!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could tell you it will get better, but I have been playing for seven years now and I am still thinking about a millions things at once. :)

Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Waldo Pepper said...

Good thing your so young. I have trouble remembering even the one thing I am doing!